Thursday 8 May 2008

Training

As I started this blog to keep a diary of Tom's training I suppose I should to a post about it.

Last night I only took him as I think Suzi isn't really up for training since they added the new surface, we think this could be because it shifts under her feet a bit like sand and she hates going to the beach so you never know.

I wanted to really work on his dogwalk to see if I could get him running to the end a bit quicker so went back to using a target which worked well as he was running to a good 2o2o position but once the target goes away although he still gets a good position he doesn't run down as fast. I stopped looking at him so I don't think that's the main problem and as he's getting the contact at shows I'm not going to get all paranoid about it but I would like him to get there a bit faster so I think I'll got back to targeting for a while but maybe move the target a bit further away and release him to it rather than have it right at the end of the contact.

We're off to Godmanchester tomorrow for the weekend so am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend enjoying the nice weather and maybe running a few agility courses.

Will update next week to let you know how we get on.

No comments:

Web Statistics