Saturday 22 November 2008

Backs, legs and judging

Took Tom to see Julia at Galen on Wednesday and she confirmed that he had a very sore back and spent ages working on him avoiding Tom attempts to stop her with his teeth. I’d already booked an appointment at the vet but she also advised that I take him as she was a bit concerned about his knee but wasn’t sure if it was his tight muscles causing it or it causing his tight muscles. I took him today and the vet diagnosed a subluxating patella in both legs but did say he doesn’t think surgery is necessary and that there is no reason why he should give up agility but we’ve got to keep an eye on it. I’m a bit upset at the moment but determined not to look it up too much on the internet as I’m sure that would make me worry even more. Julia did say that if he was diagnosed with it there is loads we can do with the massage and fitness exercises so I’m sure the end is not nigh.

Leah kindly let me run Shy at training on Thursday and made us do some really horrible stuff which she is hopefully going to get paid back for on Tuesday night. Shy is such a lovely dog and worked hard for me even though it was only the second time I’d run her and my timing was way out. I hope I haven’t undone all the hard work Jason has put in with her especially as her release command is OK and I kept saying Go.

Although I enjoyed judging on Tuesday night I don’t think it’s something I would want to do again and think I’d rather put back into agility by doing ring party and that sort of thing.

Took Dudley training on Wednesday, in Tom’s class, and was pleasantly surprised to find that where I would normally get a blind cross in I couldn’t as he was going too fast and I left him in the weaves and he stayed in which I’ve never been able to do (don’t think I’ll have the guts to try it at a show though)

I’m hoping to wake up to snow tomorrow.

No comments:

Web Statistics