Wednesday 8 October 2008

Resting

Well all the dogs are now on enforced rest from training as Thomas has got Kennel Cough, I think he may have picked it up at Five Rivers as my friend's dog has it too and that was the only place that we were together. He started coughing in the early hours of Saturday morning and luckily I was able to get him an appointment at the vet that day to confirm that he did in fact have the dreaded KC and not something stuck in his throat. Apart from the cough you wouldn't think anything was wrong with him as he is his usual bouncy self made worse by the fact he can't do any off lead exercise which is also driving Dudley mad as he's missing his dashing through the undergrowth walks too. Neither Suzi nor Dudley have shown any sign of coughing even though I have Dad on cough patrol during the day and to be honest Tom only coughs first thing in the morning and when I pick him up in the evening. I was getting all excited about going to the small and medium graded show at Shrewsbury but that'll have to wait until next year now.

I'm spending my time working on my plan for when we eventually get back to training, my main thing is to speed up the dog walk with all three dogs, mainly stopping Dudley wriggling at the judge and trying to get Suzi to accept that stepping on the white/yellow bit wont actually transport her to another dimension, with Tom I want to work on getting to running right to the end rather than creeping the last few inches. This is my plan but I now have to work out how I'm going to achieve it.

I'm also going to knuckle down to doing my correspondence course which I'm afraid hasn't even been looked at this summer but tonight I'm going to Lakeside for some retail therapy as I really need some new clothes for work.

No comments:

Web Statistics