Thursday 6 March 2008

Well we hade a practically sniff free session last night, the school had been raked over the weekend so don't know if that had something to do with it but he even went straight past the horse poo!

The first half was mainly straight ups and downs with us working on sending our dogs ahead into the tunnel and over the A frame which meant I was able to just run which I think really helped as he didn't get the chance to catch a whiff of anything. He worked so well and I was able to run wide of both the tunnel and the A frame.

We had weaves and dog walk in the second half and he worked equally as well with just a quick detour when I said left too quickly. We did collapsy tunnel to weaves with no problems either.

All in all it was a very good and positive session which we both enjoyed. I'm not expecting miracles as I know that Friday he'll probably be back to sniffing but hopefully if we get a few lessons like last night he'll get the message it's much more fun to actually do agility with me than me chasing him round trying to catch him or walking away completely.

No comments:

Web Statistics