Sunday 19 July 2009

Newlands

One of my favourite shows and as usual I really enjoyed it with some nice courses even if 2 sets of 6 weaves parallel to each in Dudley's agility class was a bit of a worry and even though he found what I think was a squashed fox poo half way round which made him go at zero mph I still quite enjoyed it.

Suzi got a nice clear round in 3-5 jumping but was very slow through the weaves so we didn't get in the places but she enjoyed herself I think. Tom ran really well but ran straight past the weaves but came back and did them and finished well without sniffing.

Now to agility which as you can see had a right angle weave entry that caused a lot of discussion as we walked it :)

Suzi was the first to attempt it and if she hadn't missed her dog walk by 2 slats above the contact she would have gone clear and her time would have been good enough for a place so not too bad.

Then it was time for Tom who sat on the start line and went when I said 'OK' so good start, whizzed up he first line into the tunnel and straight up the seesaw, I crossed behind him at the next jump then sent him up the dog walk while I ran really wide to I could get past 13. He was a bit slow down to the contact and took two attempts at 'go' for him to move then over 13 and a slightly panicy 'Tom, weave' straight in kept going 'OMG we could do this', wrong end of tunnel faffy call time wasted, down the line to the finish still clear, over the A frame jumped off quite high but got it over the finish and we were clear and not only that he came 3RD.

Came home with 1 E, 1 10 faults, 1 5 faults, 1 clear, 1 10th place and a 3rd and it didn't rain until right at the end and we were waiting for the last presentations.


No comments:

Web Statistics