Monday 21 April 2008

Can it really be a year?

At this time last year I'd known Tom for about an hour and he was steadily worming his way into my heart. He was such a happy little dog, smiling at everyone with his enormous eyes showing nothing but trust. I spent the whole of the day getting to know him and when I took him home he was going to be called Vernon by the time I got home I realised that it wouldn't suit him and he became Thomas.

This year has gone so quickly and I have to say that although he has got a few 'quirks' I can honestly say I haven't regretted having him at all and I have never seen Dudley play so much with another dog. The all in wrestling matches they have are so funny to watch and when Suzi joins in too I just have to laugh out loud.

I'm am forever grateful to all the people who spent the whole day putting up with me and to Dan who as I was going home said 'Don't be pressured into having him' which I thought was really sweet and for all the support they've continued to give throughout the year. I'm not going to turn this into an Oscar's acceptance speech but the biggest Thanks goes to Leah who knew I needed another dog even if I didn't ;-)

I'm looking forward to the next year even if Dudley sometimes still looks at me as if to say 'when's he going home?'

2 comments:

leah gardner said...

What can I say? I'm always right! :) x Leah X

Hudsondoglets said...

God don't you just hate it when other people are always right! Seriously, best thing you could have done. He's a special little fella!

Web Statistics